I'm just a mom. Two kids, and one on the way. Join me for my journey to welcome our newest member!

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Blessed to have such wonderful friends!

Status: 38 weeks, 3 days

A little over a week ago (September 7th) one of my best friends, Katie Reagin, threw me a Mother's Blessing. I hadn't heard of them during my first pregnancy, but I had one before Talia was born (courtesy of Katie then, too). They are a wonderful way to celebrate the change that each pregnancy and birth brings to the mother. 

We did a few things differently from my last one. I hired a local doula (Talitha Seibel) to come do henna for my guests to thank them for participating, and we also created some stones with words that I would like to incorporate into my birth. I wasn't able to get a picture of all the stones, but the ones that were left after each woman took one are pictured below.  A few things that were the same: lots of beautiful flowers, great food, great friends, lots of wonderful birth affirmations and stories, and a brand new necklace made from beads that my friends shared to show their support on my journey! Enjoy the pictures!

My friends - gathered to celebrate!


Dana getting henna done on her back

Ashley with her 7 week old, Caroline.
I had the privilege of  being a part of Caroline's birth!


Katie's shoulder wasn't completed when I took this, but still so beautiful!

One of my doulas (Christine) holding one her most recent doula-babies, Henry!

The rocks that were left. 


I LOVE how the design came out! It was developed by Talitha after  I gave her some insight as to things that were meaningful to me.

The tree is symbolic of the "Tree of Life" which was the theme of our wedding.
The Hebrew is "chai" which means "life."
There are two larger birds and two smaller birds (our current family) flying home toward the tree to greet the newest little egg in the nest - our soon to be newest edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment